Eco Commitment

At Austin Sloan we are committed to running our business as environmentally friendly as possible. As our business grows, we continually look at our processes and make changes. We believe taking care of the environment is everyone's responsibility including all of our staff and our customers.

We may be a small, close knit company but we are all committed to having as small impact on the environment as possible. Our workshops and offices are based in the Kent countryside (a stone’s throw from the Royal Military Canal) which inspires us daily to act environmentally responsibly where we can. We take great care when buying our raw materials, preferring to use natural products that are produced in a sustainable way and avoid those that aren't.

Our core product is pine wood which we source from Scandinavia. Our wood buyers ensure our wood is grown in responsibly managed fast growing and sustainable forests all managed under FSC standards. Any off cuts or waste wood we cannot reuse goes into our wood burning stove that heats our workshop in the winter.


All of our wood sources are PEFC and FSC accredited to ensure correctly managed forestry...

We operate a policy of using minimal packaging. When packaging is unavoidable, we prefer to use recycled materials. 95%, by weight, of our packaging material is recycled and we'reworking on the remaining 5%. We like our packaging to be reused, recycled or composted after use and aim to have 100% of our packaging recyclable or compostable.